"Today, Dabur is the most reputable brand in India and the largest natural and Ayurvedic health care company in the world, offering more than 250 herbal and Ayurvedic products."
Lets take one of Dabur product - Dabur chyawanprash sugarfree for build the immune system and aid the digestion process of children and adults - have a look at its ingredients.
Key Ingredients: We will try to deep dive into each ingredients and pass and fail and ingredient basis its toxicity, use restrictions and carcinogenicity (Cancerous properties).
1. Bilya (Aegle marmelos) - Aegle Marmelos is anti-inflammatory in nature. Its extracts when applied on the exposed area, help to cure inflammation. Aegle Marmelos is rich in anti-oxidants which helps in insulin secretion which leads to low blood sugar levels. In addition, research has demonstrated that Bael and some of its phytochemicals have anti-cancer, radioprotective, chemopreventive, and antineoplastic properties that are useful in both the treatment and prevention of cancer. PASS
2. Amla (disambiguation) - Amla berries contain solvent fiber that disintegrates rapidly in the body, which dials back how rapidly your body retains sugar. This may lessen spikes in blood sugar. Amla berries are also beneficial to the blood glucose and cholesterol levels of people with type 2 diabetes. Amla berries are high in antioxidants, which lower the risk of developing chronic conditions like diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. PASS
3. Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) - improve cognitive performance, reduce the rate at which newly acquired information is lost from memory, improve memory performance in older people, and reduce memory loss. Bacopa monnieri contains dynamic mixtures called bacosides,which have been displayed to have cell reinforcement impacts, particularly in the cerebrum.Some studies have shown that Brahmi contains naturally occurring agents that can cause cancer. PASS
4. Pippali (Piper longum) - The Indian long pepper is a completely organic and natural herb that does not harm your body. This spice has not been shown to have any negative effects on health. In clinical practice, it has been discovered that Pippali as a Rasayana is effective against chronic and debilitating diseases of the liver and lungs, including cancer. PASS
5.Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra) - Yashtimadhu has anti-inflammatory, Antibacterial properties and This herb acts as an effective Antacid that helps in reducing HCL levels in your stomach. Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra) can effectively treat and prevent oral mucositis in cancer patients, particularly those with cancer of the head and neck, following chemotherapy and radiation.
6. Gokshura (Tribulus Terrestris) - Gokshura was used to treat a variety of conditions in traditional medicine, including erectile dysfunction, kidney disease, and disorders of the urinary tract. Gokshura should not be consumed by pregnant or nursing women. Prostate conditions like BPH and prostate cancer may be exacerbated by Gokshura. FAIL
Out of 6 ingredients of the products it passed on 5 ingredients and fails on 1. We would suggest to use this product under doctor or specialist's supervision only.
We recommend product on 3 levels -
2. Use under a speacialist's / Doctor's supervision
3. Use with doctor's suggestion
Caresupp passes or fails an ingredient of the product basis its - Toxicity, Carcinogenicity, Use restrictions, ecotoxicology and overall effects of the products and ingredients.
Reference for the study of the above article -
1. https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredients - used for allergen, toxicity and carcinogenic property study and research
5. www.wikipedia.com - Used for basic content