Rizatriptan belongs to a class of drugs called selective serotonin receptor agonists. It constricts blood vessels in the brain, prevents pain signals from being sent to the brain, and blocks the release of certain natural substances that cause headache pain, nausea, and other migraine symptoms.
Rizatriptan is used to treat migraines. Rizatriptan only treats headaches that have already started. It does not prevent headaches or reduce the number of attacks.
Rizatriptan should not be used to treat general tension headaches or headaches that cause loss of movement on one side of the body.Use rizatriptan only if your condition has been confirmed by your doctor as migraine. please. Rizatriptan may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Rizatriptan is available as tablets and orally disintegrating tablets to be taken by mouth. It is usually taken at the first sign of migraine. If your symptoms improve after taking rizatriptan but recur after more than 2 hours, you can take a second tablet. However, if taking rizatriptan does not improve his condition, he should not take a second tablet before calling his doctor. Your doctor will tell you the maximum number of pills you can take in 24 hours. Carefully follow the directions on the package or prescription label, and ask your doctor or pharmacist for clarification if you are unsure. Take rizatriptan as directed. Do not take more or less, more often than indicated on the package label, or as directed by your doctor.
Rizatriptan may cause side effects:
- upset stomach
- muscle pain or cramps
- Flash (warm feeling)
- dry mouth
Can rizatriptan cause serious side effects:
- sudden severe abdominal pain and bloody diarrhea.
- feel cold and numb in my feet and hands.
- severe headaches, blurred vision, pounding in the neck and ears.
- heart attack symptoms - pain or pressure in the chest, pain radiating to the jaw or shoulder, nausea (a feeling of sickness with an inclination to vomit.)
- High levels of serotonin in the body - agitation, hallucinations, fever, sweating, tremors, rapid heartbeat, muscle stiffness, convulsions, loss of coordination, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
Please consult your doctor/physician/specialist before taking any healthcare products. In case of allergic reaction to the medicines/substance, please take immediate medical help.