Tetracycline antibiotics are a class of drugs that include oxycycline. It attempts to treat diseases by forestalling the development and spread of microbes. It treats acne by reducing a particular natural oily substance that causes acne and eliminating the bacteria that live in the pores. By reducing the inflammation that causes rosacea, it works to treat it.
Doxycycline is prescribed to treat a wide range of infections brought on by particular strains of bacteria. Doxycycline is also used to treat or prevent anthrax, which is a serious infection that could be spread intentionally as part of a bioterror attack, and to treat plague and tuleramia, which are serious infections that could be spread intentionally as part of a bioterror attack. Additionally, it prevents malaria. Acne and rosacea (a skin condition that causes redness, flushing, and pimples on the face) are also treated with Doxycycline and other medications. Doxycycline (Oracea) is only used to treat rosacea-related bumps and pimples.
Doxycycline can be taken orally as a suspension (liquid), tablet, delayed-release tablet, or capsule. Most people take doxycycline once or twice a day. With each dose, drink a full glass of water. You can take doxycycline with food or milk if you have trouble swallowing it. Doxycycline administration should be discussed with your physician or pharmacist. Carefully follow the instructions on your prescription label, and if you have any questions, ask your pharmacist or doctor.
Doxycycline has been linked to serious adverse effects. Immediately contact your doctor if you have:
- severe stomach pain and bloody or watery diarrhea;
- irritated throat and difficulty swallowing;
- experiencing shortness of breath, chest pain, and an irregular heartbeat;
- no or very little urination;
- fever, chills, swollen glands, body aches, weakness, pale skin, and easy bruising or bleeding are all symptoms of low white blood cell counts.
- severe headaches, ringing in the ears, dizziness, nausea, problems with your vision, and pain in your eyes;
- Appetite loss, pain in the upper stomach that may spread to your back, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, rapid heartbeat, dark urine, and jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes) are all symptoms of this condition.
Doxycycline can cause the following common side effects:
- vomiting and dizziness;
- stomach ache;
- diminished appetite;
- mild vomiting;
- skin rash or tingling;
- diminished complexion;
- discharge or itching from the vagina
Please consult your doctor/physician/specialist before taking any healthcare products. In case of allergic reaction to the medicines/substance, please take immediate medical help.