A statin drug called rosuvastatin is used to treat abnormal lipids and prevent cardiovascular disease in people at high risk. It is marketed under the brand names Crestor and others. It is advised to be used in conjunction with weight loss, exercise, and dietary changes. It is consumed orally.
- lower your "bad" cholesterol level (low-density lipoprotein, LDL)
- raise the amount of "good" cholesterol in your body (high-density lipoprotein, HDL)
- decrease the blood fat level in you (triglycerides)slow the development of plaque in the blood vessel walls (fatty deposits).
- to treat adults whose cholesterol levels cannot be controlled by diet and exercise alone.
- to treat children with heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia who are 8 to 17 years old (an inherited condition that causes high levels of LDL). Children under the age of eight who have heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia cannot use rosuvastatin tablets.
- for the treatment of homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia in children aged 7 to 17 (an inherited condition that causes high levels of LDL). Children under the age of seven who have homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia cannot use rosuvastatin pills.
- to lower the risk of heart attacks and strokes in men and women 50 years and older who do not yet have heart disease but do have some extra risk factors but do not have a known heart condition.
Take the pills exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
One tablet per day should be taken orally. Completely inhale the pill.
The tablets can be consumed with or without food at any time during the day.
Even if you feel OK, do not change your dosage or stop taking this medicine without first consulting your doctor.
In order to monitor your cholesterol levels both before and during your rosuvastatin medication, your doctor may perform blood tests. Should it be necessary, your doctor might adjust your dosage.
- joint pain
- memory loss or forgetfulness
Please consult your doctor/physician/specialist before taking any healthcare products. In case of allergic reaction to the medicines/substance, please take immediate medical help.