Carbamazepine (CBZ), in sold under the trade name Tegretol and others. Carbamazepine is an anticonvulsant. It works by reducing abnormal electrical activity in the brain.
- Carbamazepine is used to treat bipolar disorder.
- Carbamazepine is also used alone or in combination with other drugs to control certain types of seizures.
- Carbamazepine may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Take carbamazepine exactly as directed by your doctor. Follow all directions on the prescription label and read the medication guide or directions for use. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose.Take with food.Swallow extended-release tablets or capsules whole and do not crush, chew, or break them. If you cannot swallow the pills whole, consult your doctor.Chewable tablets must be chewed before swallowing.Shake the oral suspension (liquid) before measuring the dose. Use the included syringe or dosimeter (not a kitchen spoon).
Some common side effects may include:
- think abnormally
- difficult to speak
- uncontrolled shaking of a body part
- dry mouth
Some side effects can be serious:
- yellowing of the skin or eyes
- dark urine
- right side of abdomen hurts
- loss of appetite
- change of vision
Please consult your doctor/physician/specialist before taking any healthcare products. In case of allergic reaction to the medicines/substance, please take immediate medical help.